On February 15, 2011 open are applications for admission of new members of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Bosnia and Herzegovina – AMNuBiH. In accordance with Articles 9 and 10 of the Statute for academics at AMNuBiH can be elected the candidates who meet the following criteria’s.
- Which are associate, full or emeritus professors at one of the biomedical faculties in Bosnia and Herzegovina or abroad;
- To have at least 10 articles published in biomedical journals cited in databases: Current Contents, MEDLINE, EMBASE, EBSCO, and Index Copernicus.
- To have the current recommendation of at least two academicians of AMNuBiH;
- That they are willing to hold an admission lecture in the scientific field which they deal with at the Solemn academy, which will be organized on the occasion of World Health Day – 07 April 2011 year.
Candidates should submit their applications electronically via email address firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than March 01, 2011, as follows:
- CV in Bosnian and English language up to 2000 words;
- A scanned copy of the last election to professor certificate;
- List of published papers in indexed journals, quoted in the above listed index databases.
Committee for admission of new members led by Academician Vjekoslav Gerc will review submitted applications and after review of the documentation propose to the AMNuBiH Board of Directors nominate candidates for their acceptance. Candidates who are nominated will be notified by March 15, 2011 about the proposal to their membership in AMNuBiH, in order to prepare an access lecture and the written text of the lectures, which will be in the form of articles to be published in one of AMNuBiH journals before organization of Solemn AMNuBiH meeting.
Prof Izet Masic, MD, PhD, president of AMNuBiH