President of Court of Honor.
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
1943. born in Sarajevo.
1962. completed secondary studies (Classical Gymnasium in Sarajevo)
1962-1968. Graduated from University of Sarajevo, School of Medicine in 1968, and awarded the MD degree.
1969. Beginning of the employment at The City Urgent Centre in Sarajevo.
1972-1976. Specialization in internal medicine at the Department of Cardiology of the University Hospital in Sarajevo;
1988. Awarded the PhD degree by the University of Sarajevo. PhD thesis: “The echocardiographic, echophonocardiographic, and Doppler echocardiographic evaluation of mitral stenosis and mitral valve calcification”
1976. Appointed an assistant in internal medicine at the School of Medicine, University of Sarajevo.
1993. Appointed an assistent professor at the School of Medicine, University of Sarajevo.
1998. Appointed an associate professor at the School of Medicine, University of Sarajevo.
2005. Appointed a full professor at the School of Medicine, University of Sarajevo.
As the principal author and co-author, Dr. Buksa published more than 120 original and review articles, medical and cardiology congress abstracts. He published articles in the following journals: Medical Archives; Bosnian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences; Cardiology; Medical Journal; Heart surgery forum; Medical Review;Acta medica Jugoslavica, Acta medica croatica, Atherosclerosis, Liječnički vjesnik, Slovenska Kardiologija
Dr. Buksa is:
- Author of the monography: Clinical Examination of the Cardiovascular Patient. Sarajevo: Medical school of University of Sarajevo, 1999.
- Co-author: Cardiovascular diseases. In:Hadzimejlic M (ed). Clinical Propedeutics. Sarajevo: Svjetlost, 2000;
- Co-author: Tumors of the Heart and Pulmonary Thromboembolism. In:Kusljugic Z.and alt(ed) The textbook of Cardiology. Tuzla: Printcom,2006
- Co-author: Imunology of Cardovascular Diseases. In:Karamehic (ed). Imunology. Sarajevo, 2008.
Author: Guidelines for acute coronary syndrome without ST segment elevation. Sarajevo,
2005; Guidelines for acute coronary syndrome without ST segment elevation. Sarajevo, Update 2007;
Co-author: Guidelines for arterial hypertension. Sarajevo, 2005; Guidelines for arterial hypertension – Update 2007
Co-author: Guidelines for chronic heart failure. Sarajevo, 2007
Dr. Buksa is a member of the board of Association of Cardiologists of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
He is also:
- A member of European Society of Cardiology;
- A member of European Association of Echocardiography;
- A member of American Society of Echocardiography
- Appointed an Europian Cardiologist-2000
- Appointed a FESC-Fellow of Europian Society of Cardiology-2001
- A member of the Working Group for Echocardiography for Bosnia and Herzegovina of the European Society of Cardiology.